Baby Bathing Tips
Making bathing baby easy:
- Prepare all bath accessories.
- Fill tub/sink with 2 to 3 inches of luke warm water (about 90 degrees Fahrenheit or 32 degrees Celsius).
- Bring baby to bath area and undress him.
- Slip your baby into the tub/sink using one hand to support the neck and head.
- Regularly pour cupfuls of water over him so he doesn't get too cold. *Special tip- wet a washcloth with the bath water and place it on the baby's tummy so they do not get cold. Repeat as necessary.
- Never leave your child unsupervised.
- Use a soap-free cleanser to keep baby's skin from drying. For newborns, try Mustela Dermo-Cleansing.
- Rinse baby thoroughly with a clean washcloth.
- Wrap baby in a hooded towel and pat him dry. If his skin is dry, apply a mild body lotion, such as Mustela Hydra Bébé body and a daily face moisturizer like Hydra Bébé face.